Catch Privacy Notice
Last updated: June 10, 2022
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Catch Inc., (“Catch,” “we”, “our” or “us”). We believe there is a better way to pay online – one where consumers and merchants win, not credit card companies. At Catch, we care about the privacy of our customers and visitors to our websites. This Privacy Notice explains how information about you, that directly identifies you, or that makes you identifiable (“personal information”) is collected, used and disclosed by Catch in connection with our website at www.getcatch.com (the “Site”) and our services offered in connection with the Site or as part of the payment services we offer through an authorized merchant website (collectively with the Site, the “Service”).
- Catch as a Data Controller: For purposes of data protection laws, Catch is the “data controller” (or “business” under the CCPA) and is generally responsible for and controls the processing of your personal information collected through your use of our Service. This Privacy Notice applies only to instances where Catch acts as a data controller.
- Catch as a Data Processor: In some instances, we have contractually committed ourselves to only process certain information on behalf and under the instruction of the respective merchant from whom you make a purchase, and who is the data controller. In those limited instances Catch acts as a “data processor” (or a “service provider” under the CCPA). This Privacy Notice does not apply to such processing.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- How Catch Collects and Uses Your Information
- How Catch Shares Your Information
- Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising
- Control Over Your Information
- How Catch Retains and Protects Your Information
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Children's Privacy
- Region-Specific Disclosures
- Changes to Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
1. HOW CATCH COLLECTS AND USES YOUR INFORMATION
Information That You Provide to Catch
We collect personal information from you. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Account Creation and Profile Information. We collect personal information that you provide when you register for an account. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, shipping and billing addresses, as well as optional information you may provide to us like your birthday (day and month). Once you create an account, you are also able to update your account information, such as your name, phone number, email address and can choose to link/unlink your bank account or debit card from Catch. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant services and information, including as it relates to managing the store credits earned from merchant purchases, communicate with you regarding your account or the Service, and for customer support purposes.
- Financial information. When you create your account, we ask you to connect your U.S. state or federally chartered bank account or debit card (“Payment Method”) to your account, which is then used to make a purchase through one of our authorized merchants.
- Debit or Credit Card Information: When you choose to make a purchase by linking your debit card, we use a third-party provider to process your payments. In other limited instances, you may be able to make a purchase with one of our authorized merchants using your credit or debit card information, for example, if Catch is unable to link your bank account during the checkout process with one of the authorized merchants. In these instances, we will either use our third-party payment processor or the applicable merchant’s third-party payment processor to process your credit or debit card payment. Because these payments are made to a third-party payment processor, we do not retain any personally identifiable financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third-party payment processor, or, where your purchase is made directly with the authorized merchant, to the merchant’s third-party processor as if you’d paid with your credit card on the merchant’s site. The payment processor’s use of your personal information is governed by their privacy notice. Please review each processor’s privacy notice to understand how they will manage or otherwise process your personal information, including your financial data.
- Communications. If you communicate with us through any paper or electronic form, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, the contents of your communication with us, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Marketing Emails. We may use your email address and applicable interests and communication preferences to manage our communications with you and send you regular updates about the Service, as well as information about products and services we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving promotional email messages from us, please follow the instructions within our messages and review the Control Over Your Information section below.
Information Obtained from Third Party Sources
We may receive personal information about you from our business partners and service providers and combine this information with other data we collect from you. The third parties may include website and service operators, research and analytics providers, customer merchants, payment processors, and marketing partners. The information may include contact information, demographic information, and information about your orders. We use this information to administer and facilitate our services, your orders and our marketing activities.
- Information from Authorized Merchant(s). When you make a purchase with one of our authorized merchants using the Catch checkout payment option, we may receive certain transactional information in connection with your purchase, including the order ID tied to a specific transaction, timestamp, amount of purchase, items purchased (e.g., name, image and SKU), shipping and billing addresses, and the store credit(s) you have earned from the merchant and related credit information in connection with the purchase. We use this information to provide our Service, mainly to manage the store credits you have received from each of your purchases through one of our authorized merchants.
- Information from Third-Party Bank Account Verification Providers. We may also receive the following information related to your account from our third party bank account verification providers: bank name, account name, account holder name, account number mask, account type, and account balance at the time of the purchase. We use this information to provide the Service and process your payment, as well as for our internal business purposes, such as security and fraud prevention.
- Social Media. When you interact with our Site through various social media, such as when you click on the social media icon on the Site, follow us on a social media site, or post a comment to one of our pages, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive may be dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Employment Applications. If you apply for employment, we may collect your contact and demographic information, educational and work history, employment interests, information obtained during interviews and any other information you choose to provide. We use the information provided to evaluate your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you during the application process and to facilitate the onboarding process.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from other sources, including, but not limited to, through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We may combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. In these cases, our Privacy Notice governs the handling of the combined personal information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our online services, including:
- Log File Data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, date/time of visit, and pages visited.
- Analytics Data, including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Location Data, including your general geographic location based on your IP address when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
If you access Catch on a mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- The name you have associated with your device;
- Your country;
- Your telephone number (if you provide it); and/or
- Your specific geolocation (with your permission);
- If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your device, please see the How to Control Your Information section below.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology to Collect Information
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Site, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
We, and our third-party partners, use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other such information. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
- When you access our sites from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
- Information about the way you access and use our services, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our services, the pages you visit, the links you click, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the services from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Sites.
- We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the services and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and view its opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may also generate and maintain a token in your browser's local storage to create more personalized experiences, for example in order to identify and display to you any credits you have available to redeem.
We use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our services; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; (g) provide customer support services and (h) otherwise to plan for and enhance our services.
Catch Pixel: We also use tracking technologies, including the Catch pixel, when you interact with the services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Catch features that may appear on other sites. The data we collect through the use of these tracking technologies may include pixel-specific data, such as Pixel and Cookie ID, button click data, and form field data, including data that you provide in order to sign-up for our services on a third party’s website. We use this information for our business purposes, such as to provide you with the services.
For more information on how manage your cookies preferences, please see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Opt-Out below.
Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Service and to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, contact you about changes to the Service, and communicate about account related matters;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you with information and updates on our products or services we think that you may be interested in. While we may use your personal information in this manner, please note that we do not use content that you provide through the Service, such as communications (e.g., chats, emails), reviews and/or other content (“User Content”) to serve you ads, and we will never share User Content with any third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, unless you have explicitly submitted it to us for that purpose;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- To enforce our Terms of Service, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
2. HOW CATCH SHARES YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see Control Over Your Information.
- With other Members of the Service With Whom You Share Your Store Credits or Refer to the Service. When you share your store credits with others, the recipient of the store credit will be able to see your first name and first initial of your last name in their store credit transaction activity page (e.g. the activity will show as “claimed store credit from Jane D.” or something similar). Similarly, once your gifted store credit is claimed, your store credit transaction activity page will reflect the first name and first initial of the last name of the individual who claimed the gifted store credit. Please note this information will only be visible to the account holder as part of the store credit account activity, and will not be visible to any third parties. If you are referred by an existing Catch user and make your first purchase through the Service, Catch will notify the individual who referred you and share your first name and first initial of your last name with that individual.
- With Our Service Providers for our Everyday Business Purposes. We share personal information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, which are subject to reasonable confidentiality terms, and may include processing payments, providing web hosting services, technology support providers, email communications providers, analytics providers, data storage providers, and web and video hosting providers and developers.
- With Our Authorized Merchants. We may disclose personal information related to your transaction to our authorized merchants from whom you have previously purchased for transactional and marketing purposes, including to promote their products or services. For example, we may share information with a merchant you have previously made a purchase from such as information about the owner of the credit and information about the credit, such as name, email address, phone number, credit amount, credit expiration date, and date the credit was issued.
- With Our Other Business Partners. We may also disclose personal information with other business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
- Within Catch. We may share within Catch, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Catch. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Privacy Notice.
- In the Event of a Corporate Transaction. We may transfer any information we collect in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including any shares in the company) or any portion or combination of our products, services, businesses and/or assets. Should such a transaction occur (whether a divestiture, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, liquidation, or similar transaction or proceeding), we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that any transferred information is treated in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- When Required by Law . We may share your information with third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements or to protect the security or integrity of the Catch services, including to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with preventing fraud or illegal activity; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Catch, our Customers, visitors, or others.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your information publicly or with another third party with your prior authorization.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Format. We may also share your information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. THIRD-PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our Site over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our services or on other websites, apps, or services. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to our services.
For further information on your choices regarding your information, see Control Over Your Information.
4. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
- Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Service, products or services, notices about our organization, or marketing information about products/services we offer (or promotional offers from third parties) that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Opt-Out. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the sites, as some features and services on our sites may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it. To remove the token stored on your browser, you may clear your browser cache.
- Interest-Based Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and you can opt-out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).
5. How Catch Retains and Protects Your Information
We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We store data on servers in the U.S. or any other country in which Catch or its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or contractors maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that your personal information may be transferred to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Catch cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
For your convenience, our Site may provide links to third-party websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or service are subject to the applicable third party’s rules and policies, not ours. If you are using a third-party website or service, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site or service before providing any personal information.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that any personal information has been collected inadvertently from a child under 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Region-Specific Disclosures:
California - Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. To opt out of having your information shared in this manner, please email us at email@example.com.
Nevada: Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal data by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Catch account and/or by placing a prominent notice on our Site. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically. When we do change the Privacy Notice, we will also revise the “last updated” date.