Catch Privacy Notice
Last updated: Dec. 18, 2023
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Catch Inc., (“Catch,” “we”, “our” or “us”). We believe there is a better way to pay online – one where consumers and merchants win, not credit card companies. At Catch, we care about the privacy of our customers and visitors to our websites. This Privacy Notice explains how information about you, that directly identifies you, or that makes you identifiable (“personal information”) is collected, used and disclosed by Catch in connection with our websites, including www.getcatch.com and other websites we own and operate that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Sites”), the Catch mobile application (the “App”), and our services offered in connection with the Sites, the App, or as part of the payment services we offer through an authorized merchant website (collectively, the “Service”).
- Catch as a Data Controller: For purposes of data protection laws, Catch is the “data controller” (or “business” under the CCPA) and is generally responsible for and controls the processing of your personal information collected through your use of our Service. This Privacy Notice applies only to instances where Catch acts as a data controller.
- Catch as a Data Processor: In some instances, we have contractually committed ourselves to only process certain information on behalf and under the instruction of the respective merchant from whom you make a purchase, and who is the data controller. In those limited instances Catch acts as a “data processor” (or a “service provider” under the CCPA). This Privacy Notice does not apply to such processing.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- How Catch Collects and Uses Your Information
- How Catch Shares Your Information
- Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising
- Control Over Your Information
- How Catch Retains and Protects Your Information
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Children's Privacy
- Region-Specific Disclosures
- Changes to Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
1. HOW CATCH COLLECTS AND USES YOUR INFORMATION
Information That You Provide to Catch
We collect personal information from you. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Account Creation and Profile Information. We collect personal information that you provide when you register for an account. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, shipping and billing addresses, as well as optional information you may provide to us like your birthday (day and month). Once you create an account, you are also able to update your account information, such as your name, phone number, email address and can choose to link/unlink your bank account or debit card from Catch. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant services and information, including as it relates to managing the store credits earned from merchant purchases, communicate with you regarding your account or the Service, and for customer support purposes.
- Financial information. When you create your account, we ask you to connect your U.S. state or federally chartered bank account or debit card (“Payment Method”) to your account, which is then used to make a purchase through one of our authorized merchants.
- Debit or Credit Card Information: When you choose to make a purchase by linking your debit card, we use a third-party provider to process your payments. In other limited instances, you may be able to make a purchase with one of our authorized merchants using your credit or debit card information, for example, if Catch is unable to link your bank account during the checkout process with one of the authorized merchants. In these instances, we will either use our third-party payment processor. Because these payments are made to a third-party payment processor, we do not retain any personally identifiable financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third-party payment processor, or, where your purchase is made directly with the authorized merchant, to the merchant’s third-party processor as if you’d paid with your credit card on the merchant’s site. The payment processor’s use of your personal information is governed by their privacy notice. Please review each processor’s privacy notice to understand how they will manage or otherwise process your personal information, including your financial data.
- Communications. If you communicate with us through any paper or electronic form, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, the contents of your communication with us, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us. This also includes contact information and professional information about you and the company that you work for that you may provide to us, such as when you request a demo or a case study. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Marketing Emails. We may use your email address and applicable interests and communication preferences to manage our communications with you and send you regular updates about the Service (including SMS messages), as well as information about products and services we think may be of interest to you (including via SMS messages). If you wish to stop receiving promotional email messages from us, please follow the instructions within our messages and review the Control Over Your Information section below.
- Employment Application Information, including your contact and demographic information, educational and work history, employment interests, information obtained during interviews and any other information you choose to provide, if you apply for employment.
- Business Contact Information. If you are a business representative, we collect your information in connection with the performance of the agreement or potential agreement with us. This information may include your first name, last name, company contact information (e.g., email, phone, address), job title, and any other information related to the performance of the agreement with us.
Information Obtained from Third Party Sources
We may receive personal information about you from our business partners and service providers and combine this information with other data we collect from you. The third parties may include website and service operators, research and analytics providers, customer merchants, payment processors, and marketing partners. The information may include contact information, demographic information, and information about your orders. We use this information to administer and facilitate our services, your orders and our marketing activities.
- Information from Authorized Merchant(s). When you make a purchase with one of our authorized merchants using the Catch checkout payment option, we may receive certain transactional information in connection with your purchase, including your name, email address, phone number the order ID tied to a specific transaction, timestamp, amount of purchase, items purchased (e.g., name, image and SKU), shipping and billing addresses, delivery information, and the store credit(s) you have earned from the merchant and related credit information in connection with the purchase. In some instances, we may also receive the support conversations between you and the merchant, as well as your prior transaction history with the merchant. We use this information to provide our Service, mainly to manage the store credits you have received from each of your purchases through one of our authorized merchants.
- Information from Third-Party Bank Account Verification Providers. We may also receive the following information related to your account from our third party bank account verification providers: bank name, account name, account holder name, email address, phone number, billing address, account number mask, account type, and account balance at the time of the purchase. We use this information to provide the Service and process your payment, as well as for our internal business purposes, such as security and fraud prevention.
- Social Media. When you interact with our Service through various social media, such as when you click on the social media icon on the Service, follow us on a social media site, or post a comment to one of our pages, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive may be dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers. Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as SMS and communications service providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us. The information may include name, contact information, and information about your communications and related activities. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services and programs, our communications with you.
- Your Employer / Company: If you interact with our Service through your employer or company, we may receive your information from your employer or company, including another representative of your employer or company. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
- Employment Applications. If you apply for employment, we may collect your contact and demographic information, educational and work history, employment interests, information obtained during interviews and any other information you choose to provide. We use the information provided to evaluate your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you during the application process and to facilitate the onboarding process.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from other sources, including, but not limited to, publicly available sources, third-party data providers, brand partnerships, and third-party integrations you consent to, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We may combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. In these cases, our Privacy Notice governs the handling of the combined personal information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology to Collect Information
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect information you provide to us and information about how you access and use the Service when you visit our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, mobile SDKs, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “tracking technologies”) and we may use third-party partners or technologies to collect this information. Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly from you or receive from other sources.
We, and our third-party partners, may use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other such information. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
- When you access our sites from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device and operating system brand and model, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
- Information about the way you access and use our services, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our services, the pages you visit, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the services from multiple devices, and other browsing behavior and actions you take on the Service.
- Information about how you use the Service, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, the ads you view and click on, videos you watch, and other similar actions. We may also use third-party tools to collect information you provide to us or information about how you use the Service and may record your mouse movements, scrolling, clicks and keystroke activity on the Service and other browsing, search or purchasing behavior. These tools may also record information you enter when you interact with our Service or engage in chat features through our Service.
- Information about your location, such as general geographic location that we or our third-party providers may derive from your IP address
- Analytics Information. We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the services and to understand more about the demographics of our users (including through the use of automated tools leveraging artificial intelligence (“AI”). You can learn more about Google’s practices at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and view its opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may also generate and maintain a token in your browser's local storage to create more personalized experiences, for example in order to identify and display to you any credits you have available to redeem.
We also use online tracking technologies when you interact with the services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Catch features or properties that may appear or are placed on other sites (including our partners’ sites). The data we collect through the use of these tracking technologies may include cookie ID, button click data, and form field data.. We use this information for our business and commercial purposes, including to provide you with the services.
If you browse partner and affiliate merchants’ websites through the App, we may also automatically collect certain information about your browsing and purchasing activities such as the merchants you visited, the products you searched for, viewed or clicked, items you added to your shopping cart, and purchase confirmation data, such as the product type and order total. When you make a purchase on an affiliated merchant’s site, we may connect your order total to a unique identifier so that we can calculate your credit reward.
All the information collected automatically through these tools allows us to improve your customer experience. For example, we may use this information to enhance and personalize your user experience, to monitor and improve our Sites and Service, and to improve the effectiveness of our Service, offers, advertising, communications and customer service. We use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our services; monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; (g) provide customer support services; (h) train and refine automated tools leveraging AI; and (i) otherwise to plan for and enhance our services.
For more information on how to manage your cookies preferences, please see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Opt-Out below.
Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Service and to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service (which at times may include the use of automated tolls leveraging AI such as generative AI);
- To communicate with you, including via email, text message, and/or social media, and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, contact you about changes to the Service, and communicate about account related matters;
- To send you technical notices (including sending you an SMS text code for verification purposes), security alerts and other support and administrative messages.
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you through email, social media, or text message, information and updates on our products or services we think that you may be interested in. While we may use your personal information in this manner, please note that we do not use content that you provide through the Service, such as communications (e.g., chats, emails), reviews and/or other content (“User Content”) to serve you ads, and we will never share User Content with any third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, unless you have explicitly submitted it to us for that purpose;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- To administer, identify and facilitate potential product improvements or future product developments (including training and refining automated tools leveraging AI);
- To enforce our Terms of Service, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
3. THIRD-PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our online services over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other websites or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Sites, AdID, and other similar information. If permitted by your device settings, they may also collect location data through GPS, Wi-Fi or other methods. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to serve targeted ads to you and others on such platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider.
We may engage in the following:
- Social Media Platforms. We may display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks.
- Third Party Partners. We work with a variety of third-party partners to provide advertising services. For example, we use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our Service on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's website, “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
For further information on your choices regarding your information, see Control Over Your Information.
4. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
- Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Service, products or services, notices about our organization, or marketing information about products/services we offer (or promotional offers from third parties) that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
- SMS Text Messaging. If you opted-in to our SMS text messaging program, you may opt-out of receiving promotional SMS text messages at any time. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving promotional text messages, we may still send you transactional text messages about your account, such as for account login (e.g., we may send you a security verification code). To unsubscribe from promotional SMS texts, you can reply STOP to any one of our promotional text messages. For more information, see our Terms of Service. For help or customer support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Opt-Out. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the sites, as some features and services on our sites may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it. To remove the token stored on your browser, you may clear your browser cache.
- Interest-Based Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and you can opt-out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).
- Push Notifications Preferences. You can stop receiving push notifications from us by changing your preferences in the iOS or Android notifications setting menu.
- Access to Your Device Information. You may control our access to mobile device information (such as the camera location information, location information and microphone, which we do not use, through your “Settings” app on your device.
5. How Catch Retains and Protects Your Information
We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We store data on servers in the U.S. or any other country in which Catch or its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or contractors maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that your personal information may be transferred to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Catch cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
For your convenience, our Site may provide links to third-party websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or service are subject to the applicable third party’s rules and policies, not ours. If you are using a third-party website or service, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site or service before providing any personal information.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that any personal information has been collected inadvertently from a child under 16, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.